Documents required for registering in the Register of adoption as per art.113, par.1, pt.2 of FC:
· An individual with an abroad habitual residence, who wishes to adopt a child with a habitual residence in the Republic of Bulgaria, has to submit a petition to the Ministry of Justice through central authorities or an accredited organization for international adoptions.
· The petition can be created by the central authority or by an accredited organization and contains:
1. Short presentation of the adoptive candidate – name, nationality, ID number, date and place of birth, country of habitual residence and address;
2. Short history of the adoptive candidate and his family;
3. Information regarding the economical and social status of the adoptive candidate;
4. Information regarding the health condition of the adoptive candidate and his family;
5. Information regarding the central authority, accredited organization in the country of habitual residence of the adoptive candidate and accredited organization in Bulgaria.
6. Characteristics of the child that`s being adopted, according to the adoption permit, including health issues and/or development issues, that the adoptive candidate accepts.
7. Motives for the adoption;
8. Date and signature
· The following are attached to the petition:
1. Permit for adoption of a child as per the legislation of the country of habitual residence of the adoptive candidate;
2. A document, issued by the competent authority, certifying that the adoption court order of the Bulgarian court will be acknowledged in the country of habitual residence of the adoptive candidate;
3. A document, issued by the competent authority, certifying that the adoptive candidate has not been denied any parental rights.
4. Social report;
5. A report regarding the health condition of the adoptive candidate, created by a doctor, that contains an evaluation of the physical and mental health of the individual based on past and present illnesses; the document contains data regarding the presence/absence of chronic illnesses, transmissible venereal diseases, HIV, tuberculosis and other life-threatening diseases and is to be issued no less than an year in advance of submitting the petition as per art.1;
6. Conviction status certificate of the adoptive candidate;
7. Marriage certificate;
11. Copy of ID
12. Document certifying the payment of a state fee in regards to …
13. Marriage certificate
· Every document from abroad is presented in its original form as well as translated to Bulgarian language, certified by the Bulgarian embassy or consulate in the corresponding country. Document, issued on the territory of a country, part of the convention held on the 5th of October 1961 for the removal of foreign public act legalization requirement(ratified with a law, SG, №47 from the year 2000)(SG, №45 from the year 2001),with a placed apostille, is presented in its original form and also translated in Bulgarian language, certified by the Ministry of exterior of the Republic of Bulgaria.