Procedure.Order of customer service.
In its activity until now, Association “Childhood without borders” has always followed a certain code and orderly fashion when dealing with customers. It is related not only to our statutory obligations, but also to our experience and practice that our specialists and members have accumulated during their long-standing careers in the area of international adoptions.
The activities we carry out with our clients are predetermined by the current stage in which the adoption procedure is currently in, namely:
1. Receipt of the necessary documents of the adoption candidates by the competent authorities abroad, with the aim of registering them in the register of adoptive parents with an abroad habitual residence, that are willing to adopt a child with a habitual residence in the Bulgarian Republic under the conditions of full adoption(art.113, par.1, pt.2 of the FC);
· In its capacity of an accredited association for mediation in relation to international adoption we receive through the competent authority and organizations the required documents of the adoptive candidates, that are willing to adopt a child from Bulgaria. The documents are then translated to Bulgarian language and are deposited on behalf of the Association in the Ministry of justice, with the aim of registering the adoptive candidates in the registry as per art.113, par.1,pt.2 of the FC.
· We monitor the movement of the correspondence, and if any irregularities are found by the Ministry of justice, we immediately correct them.
· After registering the adoptive candidates in the registry as per art.113, par.1, pt.2 of the FC, we inform the authorities managing the adoption abroad.
· We maintain contact with the competent authorities abroad with respect of the correspondence`s actuality, and when any changes are made, we would immediately inform the Directorate of international legal protection of children and international adoptions with the Ministry of justice.
· We periodically disclose information regarding the meetings carried out by the Council of international adoption and the decisions taken, as well as the profiles of sick children posted on the Ministry of justice`s website.
2. Receipt of a proposal by the Ministry of justice, compliance as per art.17;
· When a proposal comes through by the Ministry of justice for adoption of a child by adoptive candidates clients of the Association, all the necessary documents related to the adoption are translated and sent to the competent authorities abroad.
· If needed we would gather and submit additional information to the adoptive candidates, respectively carry out extra medical examinations and consultations of the child being adopted, in order to determine its health condition . The examinations and consultations are carried out under the control and consent of the Director of the housing where the child is accommodated.
· We guide the adoptive candidates as to which documents need to be issued, respectively updated as to continue the procedure in the Republic of Bulgaria.
3. Organizing a visit of the adoptive candidates in the housing;
· After approving of the proposal by the Ministry of justice on the part of the competent authorities and the adoptive candidates, they are to contact us with the aim of arranging the details related to the forthcoming visit and stay at the housing.
· During this stage of adoption we offer our adoptive candidates a meeting with families/only with their explicit permission/, that have adopted a child from Bulgaria. This way they receive answers to a lot of their questions, preliminary information about the different stages of adoption and the way we work, the conditions in the institutions in which the children are living.
· After coordinating with the adoptive parents and the management of the housing where the child is accommodated, we decide the day of the visit. We organize their reception, accommodation in a hotel, transport to the housing, five days of contact with the child. During the adoptive parents` visit a translator is provided, as well as transport to the airport for the returning flight.
· During their stay in the housing, we organize meetings and conversations with as much specialists working in the housing as possible, as they take care of the children and know them best. The aim is to gather information about the physical and mental condition of the child, its habits, skills and behavior.
· If needed and requested by the adoptive parents, we organize additional examinations for the child, with the aim of ascertaining its health condition. These studies are carried out only with the necessary consents for this, with the assistance and control of the Director of the home where the child is placed.
4. Carrying out administrative and legal procedures in relation to the adoption;
· After providing their consent for adopting the child, during their residence in the Republic of Bulgaria, the adoptive parents also sign in front of a notary the required documents in regards to continuing the procedure.
· We register documents with the Ministry of justice with the demand of issuance of a written consent by the Minister of justice and registering the correspondence in the court.
· During the court proceedings we provide an attorney, who will represent our clients.
· After the court order for the allowance of the adoption comes into force, we demand a new birth certificate for the child as well as a passport and we file a petition to the Minister of justice for the issuance of a Certificate as per art.23 of the Convention.
· Certified and legalized copies of the court order, birth certificate and the Certificate as per art.23 of the Convention – translated and legalized, along with the passport of the child are given to the adoptive parents.
5. Organizing pick up and departure for the child;
· After coordinating with the adoptive candidates and the management of the housing where the child is accommodated, we settle the day of arrival. We organize the pick up, accommodation in a hotel, transport to the housing. During the stay a translator is provided, as well as transport to the airport for the returning flight.
6. Post-adoption period.
· During the legally defined two-year period, we make sure to receive reports by the competent authorities abroad, every six months in regards to the adopted child, which we present in the Ministry of justice. When delayed we remind for and demand the reports.